Friday, February 5, 2010

Katharsis Jan. 04 '10 - Ear-grabbers of 2009 Part 2

Download the show recording in mp3 or ogg.

2009 in review part 2: Shannon Stephens - The Most Delicious Hours, Barzin - Stayed too Long in this Place, Grizzly Bear - Foreground, Brock Geiger - Skin, Clea Anais Foofat (& Brock Geiger) - This Bell, Pale Air Singers - Convict Escapes, Ilyas Ahmed - Some of None, Animal Hospital - A Safe Place, Lhasa (R.I.P.) - I'm Going In, Tiny Vipers - Slow Motion, Mount Eerie - Wind Speaks, Antony with Bryce Dressner - I Was Young When I Left Home (Bob Dylan cover), Jordan Klassen - Hot Ashes, Molina & Johnson - 34 Blues, Curtis Harvey - Medicine, Seaworthy - Ammunition 2, Thighs - Tigers, David Bazan - Lost My Shape, Church of the Very Bright Lights - Crow's Feet on a Table in a Strip Mall, Zelienople - Can't Stop, Mark Templeton & Aaron Munson - It's OK to Fall, Mountains - Choral, Riceboy Sleeps - Howl, Bass Communion - Litany 1-403-1204, and Anders Parker - Canadian Heart.

In keeping with tradition, I intended to publish a comprehensive list of albums that caught my ear in 2009 (there were at least 50 or so) but as I wrote in a previous post business and laziness (mostly way too busy and then just plain lazy when not busy) prevented me from doing so in a timely manner. Perhaps for Chinese New Year...


The links to the archived show recordings should be good for up to a month from the show date. If the links expire just let me know via comment and I'll re-up.

No comments: