Friday, February 5, 2010

Katharsis Dec. 28 '09 - Ear-grabbers of 2009 Part 1

Sorry for the lack of posts. Been way to busy/lazy. Download the show recording in mp3 or ogg.

This was the first of my 2009 in review shows. Timothy Heck, host of one of the much-missed radio program Music For Hedgehogs and occasional guest host of Katharsis joined me to run through some stand-outs from last year: Jack Rose (R.I.P.) - Box of Pine, AA Tigre - El primer último dia, Tara Jane O'Neil - Dig In, Fjordne - ???, Vetiver - At Forest Edge, The Story of Modern Farming - Sidespring, DM Stith - Thanksgiving Moon, Lisa Ekdahl - Give Me That Slow Knowing Smile, Jasper TX & Anduin - A Beam of Light Bends Back Upon Itself, Laura Gibson - Glory, Dominique A - Valparaiso, Felix - Death to Everyone But Us, Timber Timbre - I Get Low, Alva Noto - Xerrox Monophaser 2, Alva Noto + Ryuichi Sakamoto - Attack/Transition, David Sylvian - Manafon, A Broken Consort - A Sundering Path (abbreviated, sorry), Klumpes Ahmad - You Can Have What I Take, Knots - Happiness, Kreng - Caliban, Madam - Marine Boy, Pillowdiver - Twenty-Nine, and Grinderman - Song for Franke.

The links to the archived show recordings should be good for up to a month from the show date. If the links expire just let me know via comment and I'll re-up.

No comments: