Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Katharsis July 20 '09

This week's: mp3 or ogg.

Artists played: Joan of Arc, Steven R. Smith, A Broken Consort, Jack Rose, James Blackshaw, Alexander Turnquist, Evan Miller, Richard Skelton, Ilyas Ahmed, Psychic Pollution, Forest Tate Fraser, Knots, Extra Happy Ghost!!!, Gobble Gobble, Goldmund, Tiny Vipers, Chris Brokaw, Takeshi Nishimoto, and Mark Templeton. Programmed on the fly (as I usually do) this show ended up being heavily Fahey/Takoma-inspired though I neglected to play the master himself (I accidentally left my Fahey music at home). There is so much more of this type of stuff to explore that I'll very likely play more of it in a future show. Boomkat has put together a nice little intro to the Takoma sound. Check it out.

The links to the archived show recordings should be good for up to 3 weeks from the show date. If the links expire just let me know via comment and I'll re-up.

No comments: